Full Charge Bookkeeper Wanted
This position requires a wide range of job duties that must be carried out in a manner consistent with our high level of customer service.
- This is a part time position with about 25 hours per week that has a very flexible schedule. The bookkeeper must be here for at least an hour each day, Monday through Friday. Other than that, the candidate that is hired will schedule their 25 hours as they see fit between the hours of 6:00 am and 7:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the bookkeeping required to run our company. This individual will work independently and will have a lot of responsibility managing government compliance and the cash flow of the business.
- This position must perform various bookkeeping tasks including:
- Processing weekly payroll (done in house through QuickBooks Enterprise 16.0)
- Sending payments to vendors and other accounts payable management
- Perform accounts receivable collection calls and record payments
- Paying various federal and state taxes and liabilities
- Balancing check books and company credit cards
- Entering bills into company financial software (QuickBooks Enterprise 16.0)
- Making daily bank deposits
- Managing health insurance program
- This position must also perform other clerical and administrative assistant duties including:
- Performing various errands
- Preparing invoices for mailing
- Maintain customer record files
- Being a small company, other tasks may be assigned as required.
Potential candidates should have the following requirements:
- An extremely high attention to detail
- A competency to multi-task
- Ability to think and work independently and efficiently
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Enough previous experience to be proficient in Full Charge Bookkeeping
- Able to pass state and customer mandated security background checks.
- Computer use proficiency and typing skills. (Must be competent using Microsoft Office products)
- A driver’s license and reliable vehicle for errands
- Being a Public Notary is a bonus but not required
- Hourly rate will vary based on candidates qualifications and experience. Please send your requested rate with your resume and cover letter.
- Annual paid time off is available based on tenure at company. (25 hours after 1 year of employment, 50 after 2, 75 after 5, and 100 after 8)
- 40 hours per year of sick paid time off is accrued in accordance with MA law after 60 days of employment
- We offer Aflac products and dental insurance at employees’ expense
- Being a part time position, health insurance is not included.
- The candidate hired will be a W-2 employee, not a 1099 contractor.
How to Apply
Please send us a cover letter, resume, and compensation requirements through the form at the bottom of this page.
Only documents with a “.pdf” file extension that are less than 8MB will be accepted. Also, all three items must be completed to be accepted.