Counter technicians will learn a wide variety of locksmith and security skills. Previous locksmith or security systems technician experience is not needed and we are willing to train the right candidates who exhibit strong mechanical aptitude as well as being reliable and motivated to learn. This position is considered entry level and employees who excel in this role may have future advancement opportunities to become field System Technicians or Customer Service Representatives.
- This is a full-time, W2 position.
- The normal hours are Monday through Friday from 8:15am until approximately 4:45pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break.
- Work days sometimes require coming in earlier or working later as customer needs dictate.
Our Counter Technicians perform a wide range of Customer Service and General Labor job duties.
- Perform locksmith services for customers including:
- Duplicating and originating keys
- Rekeying and repairing lock cylinders
- Selling safes
- Inspecting fire extinguishers (Once certified to do so)
- Other General Locksmith Services
- Assist field technicians from time to time with:
- Delivering parts
- Pulling wires or installing devices
- Assist our Customer Service Representatives when call volume is high including:
- Answering telephones
- Taking down notes on service requests from customers
- Walking customers through basic security system troubleshooting and resetting procedures
- Perform general labor tasks such as:
- Unloading deliveries from suppliers
- Emptying office trash
- Breaking down cardboard boxes
- Cleaning offices and restrooms
- Other duties as company needs dictate
Potential candidates should have the following requirements.
- A strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- An ability and comfort with using both hand tools and power tools
- An ability to troubleshoot deficiencies and resolve them
- Ability to think and work independently and efficiently
- A working knowledge and ability to comply with safety procedures mandated by OSHA and “best practices”
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Fluency in speaking, writing, and reading the English language.
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Able to pass mandatory state and customer mandated security background checks.
- A willingness to work mandatory overtime when necessary. (Usually no more than 1 to 3 hours a week)
- An ability to perform the physical nature of the job. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and Counters Technicians need to stand, move around, and/or climb ladders through the majority of their shift.
What We Provide
We want to make sure our technicians have everything they need to succeed to ensure our customer’s needs are met and our employees are satisfied with their employment. As such, we provide the following to our technicians at no cost to them:
- Company branded uniform shirts
- Access to company owned standard and specialty trade tools
- Paid training (if during regular business hours)
- If applicable, license renewal fees and free continuing education for electrical and/or locksmith license renewals
- Occasional personal use of company equipment during non working hours
- Hourly rate will vary based on candidates qualifications and previous experience. This is an entry level position that has a rate range of $14.25 to $18 per hour.
- Overtime is paid 1.5 times regular rate for hours worked in excess of 40 in a week.
- Annual paid time off is available based on tenure at company. (40 hours after 1 year of employment, 80 after 2, 120 after 5, and 160 after 8)
- 40 hours per year of sick paid time off is accrued in accordance with MA law after 60 days of employment
- We pay 50% of health insurance premiums
- We offer Aflac products and dental insurance at employees expense
- Participation in our Simple IRA retirement plan including company match is available after 1 year of tenure
How to Apply
Please send us a resume and compensation requirements through the form at the bottom of this page. An optional cover letter can also be submitted.
Only documents with a “.pdf” file extension that are less than 8MB will be accepted. Also, all three items must be completed to be accepted.