Role of the Customer Service Representative
Our Customer Service Representatives are the primary points of contact for our customers who call in to request service. These roles are vital for our organization and as such, they require a very high attention to detail, an ability to multitask under pressure, a high level of professionalism, and a sincere desire to serve the customer.
They represents the quality and professionalism of our company. These team members manage our available resources to ensure they are used efficiently and profitably in order to satisfy and retain our customers and ultimately grow our market share. These positions report to the Customer Service Manager.
Summary of Duties
Customer Service Related
- Answer telephones and interact with customers professionally and courteously
- Record service order requests or transfer them to the appropriate sales team member if a quote is required
- Educate our customers on our products and their available options
- Generate timely and accurate invoices for completed service work and projects
- Ensure a high level of customer service by handling customer requests and complaints
- Follow up with customers after the sale to ensure they are satisfied
- Foster and maintain relationships with VIP customers
- Follow up on recommendation opportunities that technicians discover in the field to increase sales
- Contact customers to remind and schedule annual maintenance as appropriate
- Attend trade expos periodically to remain informed of new products
- Provide service for customers at our retail location
- We are a small company so everyone is expected to chip in to ensure the customers’ needs are met. This means sometimes deviating from the traditional job description.
- Administer the schedule for the technicians to ensure the customers’ needs are met while at the same time meeting sales goals at the lowest expense
- Prioritize and assign work orders to technicians in order to maximize their billable hours in the most economical use of time
- Supervise technician staff to ensure they are on schedule throughout the day
- Ensure technicians are complying with company policies and procedures
- Learn the security and door hardware industries to assist with low level technical support calls
- Ensure technicians have all the information and equipment they need before going out to perform work
- Ensure paperwork is properly and completely filled out by technicians
- Control labor costs, including overtime
- Attend weekly project meetings with sales team
- Maintain fleet of vehicles by ensuring regular service is performed and periodic repairs are made to minimize downtown of vehicles and reduce costs to the extent possible
- Maintain ongoing list of open work orders and projects, where they stand in the completion process, and what resources are require to finish them to make sure the “ball is not dropped” and the customers are satisfied
- Ensure building maintenance and upkeep is scheduled and the property is kept presentable
Candidates qualified to apply for this position should have the following:
- A positive attitude and sincere desire to help
- Strong technical acumen to assist in low level troubleshooting
- Previous experience directly interacting with customers to ensure quality service
- An extremely high attention to detail (This cannot be overstated)
- Professional and courteous demeanor even in the rare cases where the customer is upset
- A desire to help a growing company continue their expansion
- An ability to sell products and services to potential customers who call
- A proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to pass state and customer mandated background checks (must be able to obtain Certificate of Clearance from Mass. Dept. of Public Safety.)
Skills that are helpful but not required are the following:
- Associates Degree in Business, Management, or other similar field
- QuickBooks experience
- Experience in the security hardware or locksmith industry
- Training in lean operations management such as Six Sigma
Schedule and Compensation
You should expect to work 40 hours a week between Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 5:15pm, or longer if necessary to ensure the completion of your work. No weekend work is required though it can be performed voluntarily to catch up if needed.
- Hourly rate is $20 per hour. This is a non-exempt position.
- 40 hours per year of sick paid time off is accrued in accordance with MA law after 60 days of employment
- Additional Vacation Paid Time Off is earned based on years of service
- Health and dental insurance (NSS pays 50% of the premiums for those plans)
- Participation in our Simple IRA retirement plan after 1 year of employment including company match of employee contributions up to 3% of salary.
- AFLAC products are available at the employees’ option and expense
How to Apply
Please send us a cover letter, resume, through the form at the bottom of this page. Northeast Security Solutions, Inc. dba Atwood Fire Extinguishers is an equal opportunity employer.
We strongly prefer documents with a “.pdf” file extension to ensure your submission appears as you intended it to. Files must be less than 8MB.