The project manager is responsible for ensuring sold projects are completed in an efficient and profitable manner while maintaining an excellent customer service experience for our clients.
Our project manager is not directly responsible for selling new projects, we have a team of dedicated salesmen for that. Our project manager is not required to perform the physical installation of projects, we have dedicated technicians for that. What they are responsible for is managing the day-to-day administrative tasks of the various ongoing product installation projects we have at any given time. Our projects usually range from $1,000 to $60,000 in size but occasionally as high as $200,000. We probably have an average of 12 to 18 projects going on at any given time.
- Act as the face of the company and the communication point person for customers and other stakeholders to reach out to once the sales team has closed on the purchase of a security project.
- Ensure the customers have a positive experience doing business with us by way of keeping the customer informed and ensuring nothing “falls through the cracks”
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Coordinating with dispatcher to schedule technicians to complete sold projects while meeting customer installation deadlines.
- Ensuring communication channels between sales, procurement, technicians, and the client are flowing and that open tasks needed to complete the project are being handled.
- Keeping an ongoing record of the status of all open projects and what is needed to complete them.
- Generate and follow through with change order opportunities that technicians or customers identify that change the initial scope of the work quoted, to ensure NSS is billing additional items when appropriate.
- Procure and deliver to job sites unexpected or forgotten parts needed so that technicians can remain on site working.
- Attend periodic general contractor coordination meetings on new construction projects or large renovations projects where appropriate.
- Handle any customer complaints/questions about system performance or capabilities in the 90 days post installation of a project.
- Ensure customer signs project completion and training paperwork.
- Prepare applications and submit them for electrical, fire, and building permits as necessary and appropriate.
- Ensure permit inspection requests are requested upon project completion.
- Coordinate any required subcontractors and ensure they are on site at the appropriate times.
- Track ongoing hours spent on job and identify any projects going over budget.
- Ensure equipment needed for projects arrive in time for installation.
- Identify opportunities to implement process efficiencies and improvements on our project completion process.
- Attend conferences, read books, listen to podcasts, and complete training and other necessary tasks to maintain professional development and keep up on project management best practices.
- This is a full time position regularly scheduled for 40 hours of work.
- Position will generally work Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm with a 1 hour unpaid lunch break per day. Customer’s requirements may dictate starting earlier or working later periodically.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, construction, or other related field of study
- 2 years of project management or related experience
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management methodologies and best practices
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to read and implement blueprints and specifications
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Professional appearance and demeanor to represent company in front of customers and other stakeholders.
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) and/or PRINCE II certification(s) is(are) a plus but not required
- LEAN Management /Six Sigma experience a plus
- Security industry experience a plus
- This will be a full-time, hourly paid, W-2 employed position. Compensation amount to be commensurate with experience. Please submit requested rate with your resume below.
- Overtime paid at time and a half for hours worked in excess of 40 in a week.
- This position is also eligible to receive the following benefits beginning the next first of the month after 60 days of employment. Some benefits are partially funded by NSS and some are fully funded by employee.
- Health insurance.
- 40 hours of sick paid time off per year
- Dental insurance.
- Aflac benefits
- Vacation paid time off available after full year of employment. Amount increases as tenure with company increases up to a maximum of 160 hours (4 weeks) per year.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter along with your compensation requirements in this form.