Role of the Fire Extinguisher Division Manager
The Fire Extinguisher Division Manager performs a wide range of job duties that must be carried out in a manner consistent with our high level of customer service. The Manager is responsible for the operational tasks of the the Atwood Fire Extinguishers division of Northeast Security Solutions including sales, service, and customer support.
Summary of Duties
Customer Service Related
- Schedule service appointments
- Generate invoices for work performed
- Remind customers of best practices regarding extinguisher use
- Identify and implement opportunities for add-on and up sells
- Inspect fire extinguishers and certifying their fitness for use
- Perform 6 year maintenance and hydrostatic recertifications as needed on extinguishers
- Recommend extinguisher types and locations to customers
- Refill discharged extinguishers
- Maintain divison’s compliance with D.O.T. record keeping and testing standards
- Maintain extinguisher testing equipment
- Occasionally assist with fire alarm inspections for the main security division.
- Ensure division sales are growing
- Represent company values and culture as the “face” of the division
- Maintain assigned service van for cleanliness and mechanical efficiency
- Periodically perform division inventory counts
- Monitor inventory levels and recommend restocking on items when appropriate
- Other tasks may be assigned as required, since we are a small multi tasking company
Candidates qualified to apply for this position should have the following:
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability and comfort with using hand tools and power tools
- Ability to think and work independently and efficiently
- Working knowledge and compliance with safety procedures mandated by OSHA and “best practices”
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to pass state and customer mandated security background checks.
- A willingness to work mandatory overtime when necessary. (Usually no more than 1 or 2 hours a week maximum)
- Able to perform the physical nature of the job, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and the Fire Extinguisher Division Manager needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their workday
Skills that are helpful but not required are the following: (Certifications not held must be obtained shortly after being employed.)
- Previous experience working in the fire extinguisher industry
- Certificate of Competency for Servicing Portable Fire Extinguishers (R46 Designation) from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Fire Services
- Hazmat Training for Requalifying Cylinders from an approved Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) provider
- We are willing to train the candidate with the right attitude that might need additional skill sets
What We Provide
We want to make sure our technicians have everything they need to succeed to ensure our customer’s needs are met and our employees are satisfied with their employment. As such, we provide the following to our technicians at no cost to them:
- Company branded service vehicle
- Vehicle fuel
- Standard and specialty trade tools
- Internet enabled smart phone
- Paid training (if conducted during regular business hours)
- Free tuition for trade school education to obtain certifications
- License renewal fees and free continuing education for license renewal
- Incentive bonuses for sales milestones
- Occasional personal use of company equipment during non working hours
Schedule and Compensation
- This is a full time position. The hours are Monday through Friday from approximately 8:30am until approximately 5:00pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break. The position’s exact start/stop time does have some flexibility to it. We do have an automated attendant for after hours emergency service in case it is needed by a customer but it is extremely rare. We averages 1 call every 5 years or so.
- This is a non-exempt hourly paid position. Hourly rate will vary based on candidates qualifications and experience. Please send your requested rate with your resume and cover letter.
- Overtime is paid 1.5 times regular rate for hours worked in excess of 40 in a week.
- Annual paid time off is available based on tenure at company. (40 hours after 1 year of employment, 80 after 2, 120 after 5, and 160 after 8)
- 40 hours per year of sick paid time off is accrued in accordance with MA law after 60 days of employment
- We have a health insurance program that this position is eligible to participate in (We pay 50% of the premiums for that plan)
- We offer Aflac products and dental insurance at employees’ expense
How to Apply
Please send us a cover letter, resume, and compensation requirements through the form at the bottom of this page. Northeast Security Solutions, Inc. dba Atwood Fire Extinguishers is an equal opportunity employer.
We strongly prefer documents with a “.pdf” file extension to ensure your submission appears as you intended it to. Files must be less than 8MB.