Security Systems Technician Wanted
The Systems Technician position requires a wide range of job duties that must be carried out in a manner consistent with our high level of customer service.
- This is a full time position. The hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30am until approximately 5:00pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break. Work days often go past 5:00pm when customers necessitate it. An average of 1 to 3 hours of overtime per week is normal.
- Perform installation and troubleshooting on new and existing security systems for the following products:
- Door Locks, Closers, Exit Devices and Other Hardware
- Burglar & Fire Alarms
- Surveillance Cameras
- Access Control
- Intercom Systems
- Other General Locksmith Services
- Assess customer locations for security weaknesses or product failures and then make recommendations to the customers to address those concerns
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality of sensitive security knowledge both at our company and at our customers’ locations.
- Be “On Call” periodically to perform emergency service after hours. Typical schedule is one week “On Call” per month.
- Maintain assigned service van for cleanliness and mechanical efficiency.
Potential candidates should have the following requirements.
- A strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- An ability and comfort with using both hand tools and power tools
- An ability to troubleshoot deficiencies and resolve them
- Previous work experience in a similar field
- Ability to think and work independently and efficiently
- A working knowledge and ability to comply with safety procedures mandated by OSHA and “best practices”
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Electrical License (Class B Journeyman or Class D System Technician) is preferred but we’re willing to train the right candidate if they aren’t currently licensed.
- Able to pass state and customer mandated security background checks.
- A willingness to work mandatory overtime when necessary. (Usually no more than 1 to 3 hours a week)
- An ability to perform the physical nature of the job. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and Systems Technicians needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
What We Provide
We want to make sure our technicians have everything they need to succeed to ensure our customer’s needs are met and our employees are satisfied with their employment. As such, we provide the following to our technicians at no cost to them:
- Company branded service vehicle
- Vehicle fuel
- Standard and specialty trade tools
- Internet enabled smart phone
- Paid training (if during regular business hours)
- Free tuition for trade school education to obtain electrical license
- License renewal fees and free continuing education for license renewal
- Incentive bonuses for billing efficiency
- Occasional personal use of company equipment during non working hours
- Hourly rate will vary based on candidates qualifications and experience. Please send your requested rate with your resume and cover letter.
- Overtime is paid 1.5 times regular rate for hours worked in excess of 40 in a week.
- On call compensation is very generous. Minimum of $100 paid per emergency job. Weekly bonus to “On Call” tech.
- Annual paid time off is available based on tenure at company. (40 hours after 1 year of employment, 80 after 2, 120 after 5, and 160 after 8)
- 40 hours per year of sick paid time off is accrued in accordance with MA law after 60 days of employment
- We pay 50% of health insurance premiums
- We offer Aflac products and dental insurance at employees expense
How to Apply
Please send us a cover letter, resume, and compensation requirements through the form at the bottom of this page.
Only documents with a “.pdf” file extension that are less than 8MB will be accepted. Also, all three items must be completed to be accepted.